Responsible for reviewing all loan packages prior to closing to ensure accurate processing of required documentation, compliance with regulations, identification of legal issues and adherence to bank policies and department procedures. Completes post-closing file reviews to ensure that all required documentation has been returned to the Bank with the necessary signatures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Produce a list of loan file deficiencies and ensure that the loan closers correct all outstanding errors and clarify any discrepancies prior to closing.
- Communicate with the loan closers and attorneys and provide guidance on processing loan requests, generating correct loan documentation and ensuring that the final loan package is complete and error-free.
- Review and interpret title commitments and bring-downs to ensure that all open issues impacting the title to real estate collateral have been addressed; provide guidance on how to rectify any outstanding title issues prior to closing.
- Verify adequate insurance coverage for all secured loans, including hazard, commercial liability, builder’s risk and flood.
- Review all due diligence and loan documentation for completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Review all loan documentation for grammar and punctuation.
- Ensure that all required documentation pertaining to a specific loan has been obtained and is included in the loan file.
- Verify that the terms included in the loan documentation match the terms approved in the loan request and/or loan presentation; confirm that applicable loan approval conditions have been met.
- Ensure that any and all conflicting information in the loan file has been clarified and properly documented.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements have been satisfied, including OFAC verification and BSA prerequisites.
- Ensure that all missing documents have been submitted prior to closing and are included in the loan file.
- Ensure that the final loan documents are accurate and professionally presented.
- Responsible for complying with department procedures and policies.
- Responds on a timely basis to information requests received from Loan Operations Manager.
- Responsible for attending related training sessions, as appropriate and directed by the Loan Operations Manager.
- Manager provides regular feedback regarding Document Reviewer expectations and performance.
- Communicates with Relationship Managers, CBAs and underwriters to clarify terms and specifications of loan requests and/or loan presentations.
- Works with Loan Servicing, Loan Imaging and Collateral Operations areas to resolve open issues with current loans as they arise.
- Discuss specific loan issues with Loan Operations Manager and or Credit Officers as needed to ensure that Bank policies are being adhered to.
- Maintain database of file deficiencies and other statistical information to identify training needs and department metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of various types of secured and unsecured transactions, both commercial and consumer, loan products, and legal and regulatory issues related to lending.
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with high volume; ability to work in a team environment; ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple transactions at one time; prioritize duties on daily basis.
- Must have good decision making skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to stay abreast of regulations and bank policies.
- Effectively communicate with loan processors, attorneys, relationship managers and other bank personnel; respond in a timely manner to various requests and questions.
- Ability to read and interpret various loan closing due diligence and loan documentation prepared by Bank software and outside counsel.
Education and Experience
This is not an entry-level position. Prior experience in commercial lending is required.
- College degree preferred.
- Paralegal degree or experience with reviewing and/or preparing loan documentation in a law firm or title company preferred.
- Three-years of commercial loan closing experience required, preferably at a regulated financial institution.
- Experience in a documentation review or quality assurance role in a regulated financial institution preferred.
- Knowledge of complex commercial lending products (i.e. syndications, participations, asset-based lines) preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer lending regulations preferred.
- Microsoft Works experience preferred.
Go to all jobs