This position is for an experienced commercial business development/relationship manager professional with a proven, revenue generating capability with medium to larger sized commercial and investor clients. The primary goal in this position is to proactively, efficiently and effectively solicit and meet clients’ financial services needs with a focus on the growth and retention of existing profitable relationships as well as the acquisition of new clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Overall responsibilities include generating new business opportunities, partnering with underwriting and credit risk management to oversee credits of varying complexity, cross-selling other bank financial products/services, and managing existing relationships.
- The Commercial Relationship Manager will be expected to become aligned as a trusted advisor to clients, identifying needs and recommending appropriate strategies and solutions to assist high potential and key clients (prospective and/or existing) in achieving their business goals.
- Source and develop qualified client prospects by identifying and utilizing referral sources, outside calling, networking and existing clients.
- Partner with business lines to cross-sell products and services that meet the client’s needs.
- Generate loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance and credit quality.
- Coordinate and participate in internal negotiations on credit structure and pricing.
- Present and negotiate client acceptance of approved terms and conditions.
- Oversee document origination, negotiation, closing and funding.
- Service and manage existing clients. Oversee exceptions, delinquencies, NSFs and upcoming maturities.
- Review client credit needs and design solutions.
- Negotiate credit terms, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications with client.
- Manage existing portfolio of clients and monitor client relationship for compliance with credit standards.
- Evaluate potential customer loan requests and make loan recommendations.
- Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the regions marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as applied to the Bank’s BSA/AML policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of being a self-starter, proactive, and taking initiative.
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills with proven track record with commercial clients.
- Proven client relationship skills and strong transaction execution skills.
- Confident negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- A highly, self-motivated team player with the ability to work well with teammates as well as independently.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to include making group presentations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving.
- Experience in product cross-selling of other standard bank products and services.
- Understands standard commercial banking industry policy and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Formal credit training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial banking laws and regulations.
- PC and systems-based proficiency.
- Understanding/expertise in Tax Credit (NMTC, LIHTC, Historical, Federal, etc.) financing as well as Interest Rate Hedging Products.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field or equivalent banking experience.
- At least five years with proven track record of direct commercial lending and credit related experience at the account manager level.
- Computer and technologically proficient in various bank mainframe and general “desktop” applications, to include strong aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Go to all jobs