The Controller works closely with the corporate accounting department to manage the accounting, treasury and operational accounting department for company operations. The Controller will be accountable for providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all the activities and operations at company that will assist executive management and other users in making educated decisions about the Company’s finances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the accurate and timely analysis and presentation of financial data including, but not limited to, weekly financial dashboards, internal and external monthly financial statements, routine and non-routine financial analysis, and annual financial statement audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Ensures adherence and accuracy invoicing and record keeping regarding external contracts as well as our service contract with Tradepoint Atlantic.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special purpose reports.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong technical skills in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income tax, and financial reporting. Working knowledge of payroll, banking, and investment management preferred.
- Strong managerial abilities with a commitment to leading by example.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, train, and develop staff both from a technical perspective as well as in professionalism and professional skills such as time management, polished communication, etc.
- Ability to promote and implement a culture of high achievement and continuous improvement through goal setting and measurement.
- Ability to assemble and lead cross functional teams and coordinate with operations departments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to appropriately summarize and to communicate complex issues and ideas in simple and clear ways without relying on technical jargon.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Exercise discretion and diplomacy in all communication, adapting message content and formatting to various situations to ensure effective and constructive outcomes.
- Very strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment efficiently and effectively. Strong time and project management skills a must, including experience creating, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking, reviewing, and ensuring completion of tasks by set deadlines.
- Display follow-through on all tasks and a readiness to do what it takes and work overtime if necessary to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive, including a willingness to pitch in with projects and areas beyond Accounting and Finance.
- Display intellectual curiosity and willingness to become a student of the business and the industries in which the Company operates.
- Team player with a positive attitude, good sense of humor, and a desire to learn and grow with the Company.
Computer Equipment and Software Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required, including strong Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, complex formulas, advanced charting and graphing, etc.)
- Ability to learn proprietary and customized systems that interface with the general ledger system.
- Experience with Netsuite preferred.
- Experience with database system management (Sequel and Access) a plus.
Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification required.
- 10 years minimum corporate accounting experience
- Three or more years of experience in public accounting (financial statement audits) preferred, including leading engagements and supervising multiple staff.
- Experience with operational accounting and bookkeeping and the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in a corporate accounting department preferred.
- Relevant experience in identifying, developing and creating systems and processes to support a rapidly growing company preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Corporate Accounting: 10 years
Go to all jobs