7580 Buckingham Blvd. Ste 195
Hanover, MD 21076
Phone: (410) 782-0300
Our client has an immediate opening for an Education Manager at our growing non-profit trade association. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations and Business Development. The Manager will have the opportunity to play a significant role in managing the content production for the organization’s member education events.
Working closely with policy and membership staff, the Education Manager will manage the process of designing and delivering two national conferences per year with more than 1700 participants, plus webinars, regional roundtables, workshops and other speaking events and educational programming. This position involves helping to develop agendas and identify internal and external speakers, coordinating with staff and speakers on slides and other materials, and serving as lead contact and manager of our continuing education process. This position also requires extensive project management skills, as setting and meeting goals is critical.
· Working with staff, develop and execute an annual educational strategy, to include our two annual trade conferences, regional roundtables, webinars, and other meetings and events.
· Manage the process for educational events from start to finish, including working with and supporting staff to develop agendas, identify content and speakers, as well as logistics, registration and follow up.
· Develop detailed and comprehensive project plans and tracking systems to monitor and track progress for events, including long-term and short-term goals, which would be shared with appropriate staff and updated regularly by the Education Manager
· Lead and manage our continuing education process, including working closely with our outside vendor, to ensure that all requirements are met so that event attendees obtain continuing education credits
· Schedule webinars, roundtables and other events
· Ensure that goals are met within the time constraints of a given event
· Review, support, develop and revise PowerPoint presentations by internal and external speakers, as needed
· Solicit feedback from staff and members for continuous improvement of education offerings
· Actively explore and identify educational learning trends, learning technology and other resources for adoption
· Establish and maintain relationships with third parties, consultants, and vendors
· Ability to estimate costs and manage budget
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or above
· 3-5 years of professional experience
· Proven project management skills, especially in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments requiring multitasking
· Excellent team management skills; ability to work effectively with internal teams as well as external partners
· Resourceful, detail-oriented a must.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to estimate and meet timeframes for completing projects
· Strong customer service orientation
· Strong PowerPoint skills
· Adept in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Ability to travel, as needed, to participate in national conferences and meetings.
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince II certification is a plus
· Educational program design and delivery
· Experience with OpenWater software
· Association and/or non-profit
· 340B program