The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, administration, enhancement, monitoring, and support of a variety of Windows-based systems and related infrastructure, with a focus on Office 365 tenants and related technologies. This includes but is not limited to Active Directory, Azure, Intune, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, ADFS, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, SQL, Citrix, CommVault, SolarWinds, IIS, and VMware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “other IT duties as assigned.”
- Analyze organization’s needs, conduct technical research, and implement appropriate solutions to meet needs and comply with department standards.
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Implement and maintain advanced functions of Office 365 including data loss prevention (DLP), data security, data governance and compliance.
- Maintain hybrid connections to Office 365, manage multiple tenants, and integrate/consolidate existing/newly acquired tenants.
- Review, modify, develop, and adapt security policies based on challenges posed by a multi-tenant public cloud.
- Implement and maintain mobile device management (MDM) policies using Intune.
- Provide security compliance validation of Office 365 and Azure.
- Develop compliance and data loss prevention reports for distribution to management.
- Ensure a rapid response to patch management requirements by assessing risk, devising a plan, and executing plans to all servers, server components, and other devices.
- Establish and validate full functionality of disaster recovery environment for critical business applications.
- Work closely with technical teams to detect network faults and performance issues and proactively implement monitoring services and alerts to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain highly secure systems through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Perform other IT duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ proven experience as a Systems Administrator with a minimum of three (3) years’ hands-on experience in the design, planning, and implementation of Active Directory, ADFS, and Azure AD.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ hands-on experience supporting Office 365 tenants and integrations, including hybrid environments.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with VMware.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Office 365 workloads such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Skype for Business.
- Hands-on leadership of on-premise Exchange to Office 365 migration experience required.
- Expert proficiency in Cisco IronPort, Exchange Online Protection, or similar messaging hygiene and security tools to protect from external threats.
- Demonstrated experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as Intune.
- Highly proficient with writing and maintaining custom scripted solutions with PowerShell.
- Extensive experience with Secure Active Directory Design.
- Expert level experience with Windows 2008-2016 server operating systems.
- Experience with implementation and management of ExpressRoute for Office 365.
- Industry certifications are highly desirable.
Go to all jobs