7580 Buckingham Blvd. Ste 195
Hanover, MD 21076
Phone: (410) 753-2046
West Palm Beach, FL
Salary: $30,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
A large, well established forestry equipment/ heavy machinery shop in West Palm Beach is looking to bring on several in house shop technicians over the next few weeks and months. This position will be working with diesel engines, on loaders, graders, excavators and tractors, among other things. This company is really looking for those that are invested in themselves, their future, and their education. You will frequently be asked to challenge yourself, and continue your learning/ add additional certifications. P/T and F/T positions are available, and those currently enrolled in diesel engine/marine school are encouraged to apply. Core responsibilities include:
Maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
• Recondition and repair all engines, transmission, tractors and industrial equipment assigned by the shop supervisor
• Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed
• Keep records required to establish cost of parts and service charges to the customer
• Handle customer problems both objectively and tactfully
• Assist in directing work of helpers or on the job trainees and provide instructions as required
• Maintain a clean work area and perform miscellaneous duties associated with the job
• Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines
• Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Product Support Manager, Service Manager Supervisor, or Shop Foreman
• Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments
• Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manager, for proper and safe operation by the customer
• Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager
• Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion
• Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use
• Always conduct self so as to present a professional image of the dealership.
Health and Safety: It is our expectation that all employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Dobbs Equipment safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
Working Conditions: Although much of time will be situated in an office/shop environment, occasional travel to other branches may be required.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications: • Must be self-motivated and a team player with the ability to communicate with personnel and customers when required
• Heavy Equipment license preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Bilingual an asset.
If you or someone you know is qualified/interested, please reach out