Riviera Beach, FL
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
TriSource is assisting a Signs Industry identifying a Spray Booth Painter/Paint Technician for 2nd shift for a temp to hire opportunity for their Riviera Beach location. The Spray Booth Painter/Paint Technician will be responsible for painting sign components according to job specifications and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives job order and sign component.
- Determine requirements of that job order.
- Cleans component with paint thinner or alcohol while wearing safety glasses and gloves.
- Sands piece with appropriate sandpaper grit.
- Uses air blower to remove all dust and dirt.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Wipes down parts keeping all safety precautions in mind.
- Prepares paint mix according to color specifications and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Fills sprayer.
- Apply paint using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Transports part into paint booth and sprays with primer.
- Continues process of light sanding and/or cleaning as required.
- Applies two – three coats of paint allowing part to dry between applications.
- Uses heater to dry components as needed.
- Thoroughly cleans sprayer and paint booth following each job.
- Completes inventory usage log and time logs.
- Transports the finished component to the next manufacturing station.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Other duties may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
- 2 years min. spray painting experience.
- Spray booth/auto painting experience acceptable.
- Must be able to spray plastic sign faces.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strict adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work schedules.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divided in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Previous painting experience in a plant environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some trade school coursework preferred.
- Two years or more of related experience.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Gross Body Equilibrium — The ability to keep or regain your body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Extent Flexibility — The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
2nd shift hours: Monday thru Friday 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Pay rate: $18-$22 (based upon experience)
If you meet all requirements listed above, please apply!
Go to all jobs